Recently we shared with you some of our gentleman codes on our Clooney Club Instagram
. At Clooney Club, we take a principled approach to life, and while we might not always be disciplined enough to follow the exact letter of the law, we sure do try. Here are some of the guidelines we encourage to being a gentleman:
- A gentleman never tells about conquests, private matters, or dealings. His business is nobody else’s
- A gentleman doesn’t clash in public with enemies or exes, or worse, with out-of-fashion contrasts, colors or styles.
- A gentleman is always happy to serve, whether it’s opening the door, picking up the bill, or merely calling a cab the next morning. Ask him for help and he cannot refuse.
- A gentleman never reacts to rudeness. He pretends he doesn’t recognize it and moves on like it never happened, because it never should have.
- A gentleman is always on target with witty remarks, interesting facts, and conversation starters that bring the best out of everyone.
- A gentleman asks non-invasive questions to keep a conversation going and attention focused on others. He makes them feel like the most interesting person he’s ever met, whether that’s true or not.
If you have any you live by, we would love to hear them.