Clooney Club has plans to go deep into the hair retention game and develop a product that aligns with our ethos and principles. The industry has come a long way from taking pills that severely alter the chemistry in your body resulting in many side effects, the most common being depression.
Currently, an epic battle is happening on your head between the male hormone called DHT and your army of hair follicles. Similar to a fight, we need to be prepared, have a strategy and be equipped with the right arsenal.
The 6 food types to think about:
- Vitamin B6 & B12 & Folic Acids: These help the blood & oxygen flow. Protein rich foods and leafy Veggies will do the trick.
- Vitamin A: This will help promote the growth and health of cells. E.g. Carrots, liver, fish oil, eggs.
- Vitamin C: This is essential to producing collagen that bonds together tissues in the body. Not only great for the wrinkles but also for the root of hair follicles. E.g. Oranges, berries, melons, peppers.
- Zinc: This promotes cell reproduction, tissue growth and repair. Hair loss and dandruff are linked to zinc deficiency. E.g. Seafood, poultry, mussels, shrimp and oysters.
- Protein: Hair is mostly made up of protein. Cells are replaced by the food you consume. E.g. chicken, soy products, low-fat cheese, eggs, almonds, beans and yoghurt.
- Water: Every cell and every system uses water to function properly. Remember that free liquid stuff… from the tap… virtually free.
I am not going to prescribe a well-balanced diet. In fact, we recommend getting some tests done to establish a nutritional baseline. Long story short, everybody is different. You might find (like I) you are protein rich and zinc deficient, so tweak your intake around what your body might need.
Check out Men's Fitness for more information.